Friday, May 8, 2009

Letter from our Animal Care Coordinator


Reba Wagner; DH Animal Care Coordinator

I would like to say 'Thank You' for the warm welcome my family and I received upon our arrival at Desert Haven Animal Refuge from Virginia, last Fall. We came to this area specifically to volunteer at Desert Haven for a just few months. Earlier this year, I was offered the position of Animal Care Coordinator at Desert Haven Animal Refuge. I accepted the position and my family and I made the decision to make this area our home.

The staff of Desert Haven and the Sierra Co. Humane Society played a big part in our decision to stay. When we saw the dedication, the care and love given to all the critters of Desert Haven, we knew this was something we wanted to be a part of. I applaud the work and dedication that has gone into making these two entities what they are today. Founder Eliana Aubin, all the volunteers of Desert Haven Animal Refuge (past & present), and the volunteers of Paws & Claws Thrift Store have worked together, for the love of animals, to create a worthy asset to the local communities.

Also, it is great that the communities of Williamsburg and TorC are so accepting and friendly to new folks arriving here. This is a great area and the residents should be proud of their towns and tttheir people. They make them what they are. We thank them for accepting my family and I into their community.



Reba Wagner (husband Gene, son Stephen)

Animal Care Coordinator
Desert Haven Animal Refuge

No comments: